Thursday, November 3, 2011

Home From the Hospital




I, Wonka, am home from the most excellent UGA Veterinary Hospital. As you can see I am okay and still exceptionally good-looking. I have had some problems for a couple years with my right front leg being painful. It would sometimes cause me to limp. The dogtor's thought I was probably pulling a muscle because despite the fact that I have been a little round I still act and play like a younger, slimmer puppy, and sometime I would probably jump and climb on things that maybe I should not. Last week I began to have very, very, very bad pain in my leg and it make me cry. Friday night I got some pain in my neck and so my humans, because they love me so, decided it was time to go the Hospital. They were most nice there. They feed me, scratch my head and take me to the potty. I did not really care so much for the accommodations or the menu plan but the people were most nice. Many dogtors examine me and they took many pictures of my innards......and they say I am a "stumper" which I think is a reference to not being sure what is wrong, and not my body shape. Apparently the dogtors think, from some of my innards x-rays that I have a condition called the bulging disk. They give me some medicine which is fine because it fits in a tasty pill pocket, but then the bad instructions came.....I cannot go outside and play and run. I cannot climb down or up the stairs, and I most definitely cannot jump off things like the furniture or the bed. I cannot wrestle with my baby brother for 3 whole months, AND I must cut back on the tasty treats. I am finally on that most horrible thing, the diet.....ugh. I did miss the Pugfest which made me sad because we had most excellent costumes....but we will save them for next year. I have to go back to the dogtor on the 14th for my "Biggest Loser" weigh-in. I will update more then.

1 comment:

Vito and Gina said...

Wonka this sounds awful. No running or jumping for 3 months, baahhhh. When my brother Vinny had his shunt surgery he was not supposed to jump or run or play for 6 weeks. Mom found that to be impossible to control. I hope your leg gets all better soon and hopefully once they figure out what is wrong, things can get back to normal. Stumper. Ha ha ha. That is your new nickname.

Later!
Vito