Sunday, November 23, 2008

MY "CONDITION".....




It occurred to me today that maybe I have taken my "skin condition" too far. Some history.......I have a "skin condition". I am always very, very itchy when my humans are around and this necessitates lots of rubbing and itching. In fact I have determined that I should be rubbed, scratched and itched for a minimum of 15 minutes every hour to help with my "condition". However, my humans have other ideas. One was to take me to that doctor lady, the one who banned the great and glorious drive-thru window, and have her check me out. After careful evaluation, skin scraping, and viewing of my skin she made a diagnosis of, "There is nothing wrong with this dogs skin. He just wants attention." Now I am no doctor but that sounds pretty bad to me. I snuggled up against that doctor lady and rubbed my head on her hand to show her what I felt was the appropriate treatment plan. She came through for me and itched behind my ears. She then said I was a mess, so again this "condition" must be pretty bad. So today, when I was once again trying to stress to my humans the need for my treatment I got tossed in the bathtub. This was not the response I was hoping for. I do like the water. I like to drink the water. I like to splash in the water. I like to swim in the water. But I'm not to fond of the bath. All that soap and being clean and having to stand still....well that's just no fun. So I think in the future, maybe so I can avoid all the baths, I will have to cut my treatment back to rubbing, scratching and itching for 15 minutes every two hours.....at a minumum of course.

No comments: